There are two types of dandruff
Dry dandruff occurs when the scalp lacks natural sebum protection, causing the moisture on the scalp to dry out, crack, and shed as tiny flakes. Regularly moisturizing the scalp is the most efficient solution for treating dry scalp.
Oily dandruff is mainly caused by an overgrowth of Malassezia due to excess oil secretion from the sebaceous glands.
Read more about oily dandruff
Symptoms of DRY dandruff:
- Dry scalp without natural sebum protection which remains the moisture on the scalp.
- Your scalp is dry and Itchy.
- The flakes are dry.
- The flakes are smaller in size.
- The flakes are white in color.
- Learn more about the difference between Oily dandruff and dry Dandruff